By Dinesh Verma - September 22, 2022
One hour ago
If you know the geography of a country, you can understand and predict its foreign policy.
– Napoleon Bonaparte
Welcome to Career Fund!
let me ask you some questions
1) Is the Tropic of Cancer fixed?
2) Where did the black soil of the Deccan come from?
3) What would India be like if there were no Himalayas?
4) If the Earth was not tilted, would there be seasons?
5) What is under your feet, at the center of the earth (at the core)?
Have fun? so be it
1) What is the age of Aravalli ranges?
2) How did America’s five giant lakes (Great Lakes) form?
3) Which country is the largest producer of tobacco in the world?
4) What would happen if the earth stopped rotating on its axis?
5) Of the big rivers, why does only the Narmada river flow westwards?
With these questions, you can understand how much you hold on Geography. Believe me, this is a very good scoring subject.
So understand that all subjects, whether it is history or sociology, basically start with geography. Let us know the tips for its preparation.
Understand Geography Syllabus
There are three stages of UPSC Civil Services Exam, Prelims (Preliminary Exam), Mains (Main Exam) and Interview. The study of geography is essential for all three.
1) Natural, Social and Economic Geography of India and the World: In Indian Geography it is essential to have a thorough understanding of the physical features of India with proper clarity of places. Conceptual aspects are emphasized in the questions.
2) Physical Geography of the World: Distribution of resources, Geographical features, Geo-geographical phenomena, Environmental issues
3) Current Developments: It is emphasized, but a solid knowledge of geographical facts is important.
It can take 6 to 9 months to prepare these topics properly, and it is important to understand them at the concept level.
8 Tips to Crack Geography – BCM-MAAMO
BCM-MAAMO stands for: B-Basic, C-Concepts, M-Maps, M-Mocks, A-Advanced, A-Answer Writing, M-Mnemonics, O-Online
1) Basic Concept: First of all, prepare the basic concepts from the NCERT books of class VI to XII. You learn data through maps and graphs.
2) Conceptual Topics: Start your preparation with conceptual topics as they form the base on which the process of learning factual and factual topics can be simplified. Don’t go backwards.
3) Maps: Maps can help in solving questions not only in prelims but also with concepts of international relations in GS-2, and Agriculture questions in GS-3. Identify important places on Oxford and Black Swan Atlas like rivers, lakes, mountains, passes, valleys, deserts, oceans, seas, gulfs, archipelagos, protected areas, GI tags, places of tribes etc.
4) Previous Years Papers: By going through the previous years papers, you will get to know the question asking pattern etc. Also give mock tests every few days to check your preparation. This is a great resource – https://bit.ly/solvedpapers Fully solved papers of many years will be available.
5) Advance Preparation: Studying Geography books by Goh Cheng Leong and Majid Hussain after Class VI to XII NCERT Books can help.
6) Answer Writing: Answer writing is important, so keep practicing it together. While writing about any place in geography, writing its latitude and longitude can be beneficial.
7) Mnemonic: Like America’s Great Lakes are HOMES (Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior), etc.
8) Use of Online Material: Use online video resources to understand difficult topics like El Nio, La Nia, wind flow, and more. Knowledge Gift for You – Free Study Material: https://bit.ly/upscstudy
And of course, find the location of important geological events like earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, latest from newspapers and magazines. Kurukshetra Patrika can help.
Today’s career fund is that by the geography of your success, by the flow of the river of logic, by a solid plan like a mountain, and by the agility of the winds, you can certainly shine like the sun.
Will show it!
The Career Fund column tells you the mantra of consistent success. If you want to know the most important tips to stay ahead in life, then definitely read this career fund too…
1) Philosophy gives communication skills: Philosophy teaches to understand the point of view of others and solve problems
2) Development is the result of the scientific thinking of the leaders: Science in naming the duty path from the Atomic Energy Commission
3) Know the best time to study: The mind is fresh in the morning, it is best to do group study in the afternoon
4) 5 Lessons From Gavaskar’s First Amazing: Defeating West Indies In 1971… Short stature made strength, Mental balance made walls
5) Leo Tolstoy will answer the questions: Competitive exam givers have 3 questions… understand the answer in a story
6) 8 Books That Will Teach The Fundamental Of Life: Friendship With Books Is Important… Every Student Or Professional Build Your Library
7) Apply FOPYTOMO Formula in History: It is important in UPSC from Pre to Mains, prepare history by dividing it into 5 parts