- Hindi news
- Today History For August 26th What Happened Today | International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer 2020 | Sensor Board Chief Prasoon Joshi Birthday | Wall Street Blast In 1920
Every year on September 16, International Day for the Prevention of the Ozone Layer is celebrated by the United Nations. The event is reminiscent of the 1987 Montreal Protocol, which was co-created by 24 countries. In Montreal, these countries told the world to stop ruining the ozone layer. It promised to stop using such substances, which damages the ozone layer. On 19 December 1994, the UN General Assembly decided on 16 September to celebrate the International Day for the Defense of the Ozone Layer. The first Ozone Day was observed on 16 September 1995.
There was a four-month strict lockdown to control the coronavirus. Some strict rules are still in force today. Due to this, the level of pollution declined and this has further increased the importance of Ozone Day. A study by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun, found that the lockdown resulted in a shortage of ozone-depleting substances and this increased the quality of the ozone layer by 1.5 to two times.
38 killed in Wall Street blast
- It is the 1920s. The bomb exploded on Wall Street in New York and killed 38 people. It was the most terrible attack on American soil up to that time. It is not yet known who was responsible for the bomb blast and why he carried out the attack.
General Motors Corporation launched
- The company we know today by GM's trademark was started today in 1908 by William C. Durant and Charles Stuart Mott in Flint, Michigan. It is one of the largest car and truck making companies in the world. The company has introduced the world by making cars like Chevrolet, Hummer.
Malaysia was made today
- In 1963, at the Federation of Malay, North Borneo, Sabah, Sarawak and Singapore combined to form Malaysia. It is different that this association does not last long. Within two years, Singapore abandoned this system.
3000 people killed in Lebanon
- In 1982, members of a right-wing group in Lebanon killed about 3000 people living in a refugee camp in Beirut. The massacre took place at the Palestinian Refugee Camps in Sabra and Shatila. This included the Lebanese Christian Phalangist militia.
Today is also known for these events that have taken place in the country and the world-
- 1810: Nigwell Hidalgo began the struggle for independence from Spain to Mexico.
- 1821: Mexico's independence was recognized.
- 1975: Cape Verde, Mozambique, São Tomé and Principe joined the United Nations.
- 1975: Papua New Guinea gained independence from Australia.
- 1978: A 7.7-magnitude earthquake struck the Tabas region of Iran. More than 20 thousand people were killed.
- 1978: General Zia ul Haq was elected President of Pakistan.
- 1986: Hundreds of people died due to being trapped in a gold mine in South Africa.
- 2007: One to go airline crashes in Thailand, killing 89 people.
- 2013: A gunman shot and killed 12 people in a naval camp in Washington.
- 2014 ः The Islamic State waged war against Syrian Kurdish fighters.
- 1893: Shyamlal Gupta, Poet (Gupta wrote the winning World Tricolor lovely song)
- 1916: M / s. Subbalakshmi, Indian actress and singer (awarded Bharat Ratna)
- 1932: Nobel laureate scientist Ronald Ross (told by malaria mosquitoes)
- 1971: Prasoon Joshi, lyricist, is the head of the CBFC (Central Board of Film Certification)