- Hindi news
- No fake news
- The Book ‘Gujarat Files’ Written Above The Gujarat Riots In The Hands Of Prime Minister Modi, Photo Thrown In The Investigation
Fed up with Ads? Install Dainik NewsBust India app for news without ads
What is going viral: A post on social media is going viral. There is a photo in the post in which Prime Minister Narendra Modi is holding a book called ‘Gujarat Files’. The caption reads, ‘He finally took the time to read the book in which he acted.’
And what is the truth?
- To know the truth of this post, we searched the book named ‘Gujarat Files’ on the internet.
- It was revealed in the search that this book is based on the 2002 Gujarat riots. It has been written by Indian journalist Rana Ayyub.
- During the investigation, we checked the social media account of Rana Job. While sharing this photo on his account, he wrote, ‘Modi ji got new year gift’
- In the last phase of the investigation, we reverse-searched this photo on Google. In the search result, we found this photo on the social media account of Narendra Modi.
- PM Modi shared this photo on his social media account on December 26, 2020, but he did not have a book based on the Gujarat riots in his hands.
- It is clear from the investigation that the post becoming viral on social media is fake. In the post, the cover of the book has been placed on the photo of Prime Minister Modi.