Tesla, the maker of electric cars, has entered India. The company of Elon Musk, the second richest person in the world, has registered in Tesla India Motors and Energy Pvt Ltd in Bengaluru. Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa confirmed this on Twitter and congratulated Tesla CEO Elon Musk. Yeddyurappa tweeted, “Karnataka will lead India’s journey towards green mobility. Electric car manufacturer Tesla will start its business in India soon with an R&D unit in Bengaluru. I welcome Elon Musk to India and wish him the best Give. ”
Tesla has set up a research and development center in Bengaluru – a city so infamous for its traffic that everyone on Twitter thought of the same joke that broke with news of Tesla’s entry. #TeslaIndia was trending top on Twitter, with many users sharing jokes and mimes. People gave fun reactions …
– Tushar Patel (@tusharrrpatel) January 12, 2021
– Kachre Wala (@GaadiWalaa) January 12, 2021
Twitter users are worried about how Tesla’s electric cars will be fair in Bengaluru traffic.
– Lalit (@lalpra) January 12, 2021
Some people were worried that Tesla’s autopilot feature would not match Indian traffic.
– fᵣₑₑ wₐy (@T_O_freeway) January 13, 2021
Bold of Tesla to think its algorithms can figure out Indian traffic, roads and pedestrians.
– Sriraam Padmanabhan (@sriraamp) January 12, 2021
– Anubhav Chauhan (@ascmkk) January 12, 2021
People also did such fun jokes …
Tesla has registered itself as a company in Bangalore.
Explains Elon Musk’s love for Signal.
– Shridhar V (@iimcomic) January 12, 2021
#Teslaindia joined in India
* le indians in hope of job opportunity :: pic.twitter.com/U8Xqs2w6Hw
– Sujeet (@Oooo__baaa__maa) January 13, 2021
Tesla Motors India and Energy Private Limited were incorporated on 8 January. Last year, Elon Musk confirmed that his company would enter the Indian market in 2021. The regulatory filings reveal that the Indian unit has three directors – David Feinstein, Vaibhav Taneja and Venkatarangam Sriram.