- Hindi News
- tech auto
- Tata Nexon Reaches 2 Lakh Unit Production And Hyundai Creta Crosses 6 Lakh Unit Sales Milestone In India
The demand for sub-compact SUV is increasing rapidly in the Indian market. Every year many new models are coming in this segment in India. Not only this, new companies are also entering with SUV models. Tata Nexon and Hyundai Creta are such cars in this segment whose demand has remained constant. This is the reason why the production of Nexon has crossed 2 lakh units. At the same time, Creta has made a milestone of sales of 6 lakh units.
First let’s talk about the sub-compact SUV Tata Nexon…
- Tata has rolled out the 2,00,000th unit of the Nexon from its Ranjangaon plant in Pune. Tata Motors took nearly six months to manufacture 50,000 units of the Nexon due to restrictions imposed in view of the COVID-19 pandemic crisis in the country. The company launched it on September 21, 2017. Then its ex-showroom price was Rs 5.85 lakh.
- The Nexon entered the top 10 best selling cars in India last month. The sub-compact SUV sold 6,439 units. It ranked fourth in the list. Earlier in March, Nexon sales set a new record of 8,683 units in a month.
- It has got a 5 star rating in the Global NCAP Safety Crash Test. This is the first such Made in India compact SUV to get a 5 star rating by GNCAP. Tata Nexon got 16.06 points out of 17 for adult safety. The global agency had given a rating that the body of the car is stable. Dual front airbags have been given in the car.
- Nexon has a 1.5-litre turbo diesel engine with 110hp power. At the same time, a turbo petrol engine with 120hp power has been given. Both the engines are mated to 6 speed manual and 6 speed automatic transmission. After the increase in prices, now its ex-showroom price has gone up to Rs 7.19 lakh.
- It has consolidated its hold in the sub-compact SUV segment of India. However, in India it competes with Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, Mahindra XUV300, Ford EcoSport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Toyota Urban Cruiser, Nissan Magnite and Renault Kyger.
Now let’s talk about Hyundai Creta…
- This has become the most popular SUV of Hyundai. The company launched it in July 2015, after which its sales figures are getting better. This is the reason that now 6 lakh units of this car have been sold. Earlier in August 2020, it had crossed the sales mark of 5 lakh units.
- Since its launch in 2015, the Creta has sold a total of 6,06,743 units in India so far. In this, 3,99,787 units of the diesel variant have been sold. Compared to other cars in the Indian market, the diesel variant of Creta is selling fiercely. The company launched the second-generation Creta on March 16, 2020. Since then, a total of 1,39,204 units have been sold till April 2021.
- The Creta is sold in four variants – EX, S, SX and SX (O). Recently, the company has added a new variant of the Creta SX Exclusive. This variant will be placed below the SX and its ex-showroom price is Rs 13.14 lakh.
There is more news…