SAIL Did Best Ever Production And Sales, Record Turnover Of Rs 1,03,473 Crore, Steel Authority Of India Limited
By Amit - May 24, 2022
Key Points during FY 2021-22 ::
• Significant improvement in financial performance due to excellent operational performance.
• Highest ever operational turnover of Rs.1,03,473 crore.
• EBITDA of Rs 22,364 crore, Profit Before Tax (PBT) of Rs 16,039 crore and Profit After Tax (PAT) of Rs 12,015 crore.
• The campaign to reduce borrowings is on. Borrowing has come down from Rs 13,400 crore as on 31.03.2022.
• SAIL focuses on active engagement with stakeholders, including:
Profit sharing with shareholders: The company declared final dividend of Rs 2.25 for the financial year 2021-22. SAIL declared the highest ever dividend i.e. Rs 8.75 per share in FY 2021-22, which includes two interim dividends already paid for FY 2021-22.
SAIL emerged as the largest buyer on GeM among all CPSEs during FY 2021-22.
SAIL has contributed steel for various projects of national importance like Central Vista Delhi, Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail, Delhi-Meerut RRTS, Polavaram Irrigation Project, Kaleshwaram Irrigation Project, Purvanchal Expressway, several metro rail projects across the country etc. is supplied.
SAIL supplied over 1.3 lakh tonnes of liquid medical oxygen, mainly during the second wave of COVID-19 SAIL plants set up separate jumbo COVID care facilities, leading to increased number of COVID 19 dedicated beds.
Wage revision implemented for employees.
This record breaking performance of FY 2021-22 is the result of smooth coordination of the organisation; However, the Q4 results could not be completely untouched by the unprecedented rise in input costs, especially the rise in the prices of imported coking coal due to various reasons. Despite the challenges, the company has taken several proactive steps to control costs. Going forward, the company is working on a plan to meet the twin challenges of high input cost and market price volatility through various measures to continuously improve its processes and product basket.