- Currently, buses are running from 8 am to 6 pm, decision will be taken by the end of this week.
- The opening hours of hotels and restaurants can also be extended, customers are not coming in the time period yet.
Jun 30, 2020, 07:31 PM IST
Jalandhar. Unlocked 2.0 will begin on Wednesday, July 1, amid growing cases of Corona. On Monday, the Central Government issued the necessary guidelines regarding Unlock 2.0. According to them, the Punjab government has also changed the time of all shops in the state. Till 31 July, now the time has been closed for all shops till 8 pm, whereas earlier this time was at 7 pm. Apart from this, the opening time of hotels and restaurants has been extended till 9 pm. These orders will be applicable from today only, that is, shops will be open till 8 pm and restaurants by 9 pm. There will be a night curfew from 10 am to 5 am.
Currently, buses are being operated from 8 am to 6 pm, but now the bus service will be extended under the new guideline. A decision on how many buses will increase will be taken by the end of this week. Apart from this, the opening time of hotels and restaurants can also be increased, because so far the time has been given to open hotels and restaurants, customers are not coming. The decision to open its market of phases and sectors can be taken in the coming days. New steps will be taken to increase employment in Unlock 2.0. Skill mapping may work. During this, the emphasis will be on making the industry self-sufficient. Industry owners will be asked to keep local labor as much as possible.
What will be closed and unlocked in Unlock 2.0?
- Schools, colleges and coaching centers will remain closed till 31 July.
- Will not be able to travel by air.
- Cinema hall, gym, swimming pool, amusement park, bar, assembly hall etc. will remain closed.
- Social, political, sports, entertainment, educational, cultural, religious work and other big events will not happen yet.
- The night curfew will continue, but there will be leeway for essential activities.