So far more than two lakh devotees have registered themselves for the Chardham Yatra starting next month in Uttarakhand. On the instructions of Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami, this information was given in a meeting chaired by Additional Chief Secretary Radha Raturi regarding the preparations for Char Dham Yatra.
read this also
State Tourism Secretary Sachin Kurve said that till Thursday, more than two lakh 12 thousand devotees have registered themselves for the Chardham Yatra starting on April 22 this year. He told that for the convenience of the pilgrims, apart from online registration, the system of registration through phone and WhatsApp has also been implemented.
The Tourism Secretary said that this time a better and transparent system is being implemented for the registration of helicopter service as well. The registrations for the Chardhams started on February 21 and considering the huge number of registrations within just three weeks, this time the yatra is expected to break all previous records.
This year, the portals of Gangotri and Yamunotri are opening on April 22 on the occasion of Akshaya Tritiya, while the portals of Badrinath will open on April 27 and Kedarnath on April 25. A record more than 47 lakh devotees came in the Chardham Yatra, which started fully last year after a gap of two years due to Kovid-19.
Expressing the possibility of more devotees coming this time in the meeting than last time, the Additional Chief Secretary asked the officials to make all the arrangements including electricity and water smooth before opening the doors of the temples. Raturi appealed to all the stakeholders associated with the Chardham Yatra and said that the image of our state in the country and the world is that of a ‘tourism state’ and everyone should take care that they return from Uttarakhand with a good experience. In the meeting, all stakeholders including pilgrimage priests, tour and travel agencies and hotels gave important suggestions, about which Raturi said that these suggestions would also be conveyed to the Chief Minister.
read this also:-
“Relations with India top priority…”: Saudi Arabian Foreign Minister Farhan Al-Saud
Saudi Arabia is making a dream project, it will be 20 times bigger than New York’s Empire State Building
(This news has not been edited by NewsBust team. It is published directly from syndicate feed.)
Featured Video Of The Day
City Center: Fire broke out on the set of a serial in Mumbai’s Film City, two studios gutted