- The Hector Plus is available in a total of eight versions, including four trims and four engine-gearbox combinations.
- The SUV is available in Starry Sky Blue, Glaze Red, Burgundy Red, Starry Black, Candy White and Aurora Silver colors
Jul 14, 2020, 11:55 AM IST
new Delhi. The 3-Row MG Hector Plus has been launched in the Indian market. The starting price of the Hector Plus is Rs 13.49 lakh for its base petrol super trim and goes up to Rs 18.54 lakh for the top-spec sharp diesel trim. The company started taking its booking officially last week, for which a booking amount of Rs 50,000 was kept.
The Hector Plus is available in a total of eight versions, including four trims and four engine-gearbox combinations. The table below gives its variant vice price:
|MG Hector Plus Prices (Ex-showroom, India)|
|1.5L Petrol||1.5L Petrol-Hybrid||2.0L diesel|
|Style||13.49 Lakh||–||14.44 Lakh|
|Smart||16.65 Lakh (DCT)||–||17.15 Lakh|
|Sharp||18.21 Lakh (DCT)||17.29 Lakh||18.54 Lakh|
It is to be noted that these are the initial prices of the SUV which will be increased to about Rs 50,000 from August 13.
What is the difference between the price of 5-seat Hector and 6-seat Hector Plus?
Overall, the prices of Hector Plus are about Rs 65,000 more than the equivalent version of the 5-seat Hector.
How is 6-seat Hector Plus different from 5-seat Hector on the outside?
From the outside, there is a slight difference, including a rear-mounted front and rear bumpers (which add 65 mm to the length of the Hector Plus), a red headlight cluster and a new mesh design grille.
MG Motor India is offering Hector Plus in 6 exterior color options – Starry Sky Blue, Glaze Red, Burgundy Red, Starry Black, Candy White and Aurora Silver.
How is the 6-seat Hector Plus different from the 5-seat Hector on the inside?
- The biggest difference is the individual Captain Seats in its middle-row. For now Hector Plus is only available in a 6-seat configuration. Its 7-seater version will get a bench-style seat at Middle-Row, which is expected to be added to the line-up later.
- Apart from this, the company has also made some other changes on the inside including Tan Brown Leather Upholstery. Old Hector's all-black color scheme was given. On the inside it is some changes that separate the two hectares.
How is the 6-seat Hector different from the 5-seat Hector in terms of features?
- You will not get to see too many changes in the features list. Like the 5-seat model, the Hector Plus features a multi-function steering wheel, analog instrument cluster with 7.0-inch MID, 10.4-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay / Android Auto and connected vehicle tech, an Infinity audio system, ambient lighting and There is a panoramic sunroof.
- The top variants of the Hector Plus will get LED headlamps and DRLs, heated wing mirrors, front and rear parking sensors and powered front seats. In terms of safety features, it includes six airbags, ABS (anti-lock braking system), ESC (electronic stability control), traction control, hill-hold assist, tire pressure monitor and 360 degree camera.
- One feature that makes Hector Plus different is the hands-free opening function to open the tailgate.
How different is the 6-seat hector plus the 5-seat hector in terms of engine?
The Hector Plus has all four engine-gearbox options available on the Hector. It comes with a 170hp, 2.0-liter diesel engine with a 6-speed manual gearbox; The 143hp, 1.5-liter turbo-petrol engine comes with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed DCT automatic gearbox and the same petrol unit is mated to a 48V mild-hybrid system and a 6-speed manual gearbox.
Who will compete with Hector Plus in the market?
The Hector Plus 3-Row Midsize SUV is being touted as the closest rival to the Mahindra XUV500, although the Tata Gravitas will also rival it when launched. MG is looking at the Hector Plus as an alternative to the popular Toyota Innova Crysta in the Indian market. Along with being more affordable for customers, MG Hector Plus Shield is coming with a longer standard warranty under the program. Another competitor to the 6-seater MG SUV will be the 7-seat version of the new Hyundai Creta, which may launch in the second half of 2021.