- The facility is currently part of a pilot program launched in Gurugram and Bengaluru.
- Customers will be provided 24×7 road side assistants service along with their monthly payment
Jul 03, 2020, 05:01 PM IST
new Delhi. Customers will now also be able to lease Maruti Suzuki cars. The company has started a car lease program, named as Maruti Suzuki Subs. The company has partnered with Orix. The facility is currently part of a pilot program launched in Gurugram and Bengaluru. This new leasing service of the company is different from the previous leasing scheme as it aims to provide benefits to individual customers and not to corporate customers.
What exactly is a Maruti Suzuki Subs?
- This new service provides individual car buyers with the ability to select select models of Maruti Suzuki. Customers will be able to lease custom models of these selected cars.
- These cars can be leased for 24, 36 and 48 months. In the event of expiry of the period, the customer can promote its lease by giving a written application 30 days in advance.
- Once the period is fixed, customers will be required to pay a pre-determined monthly amount, after which no additional maintenance, service cost and down payment will be required.
- Customers will also be provided 24×7 road side assistants along with their monthly payment.
How do you use Maruti Suzuki Subs?
- Like any other subscription / lease service, you have to select the car model, variant and lease term and fill the form.
- Once the application is approved, the chosen vehicle will be made available within 15 days of booking based on availability.
- On delivery, all subsequent post-sales operations such as maintenance, service, insurance claims etc. will be managed by leasing partner Orix.
- To be eligible for a Maruti Suzuki Subscriber, the customer must be over 25 years of age, be a resident of India, have their own driving license and have a CIBIL score of over 700.
Can you return the car before the term ends?
- It has a lock-in period, which applies to leasing these cars. The lock-in period for a 24-month term is 12 months, a 36-month tenure is 18 months, and a 48-month tenure is a 24-month lock-in period.
- If you want to return the car before the lock-in period ends, you will have to pay the cost of three months along with the amount of the remaining period.
- If you are returning the car after the lock-in period, you will have to pay between 1-3 months.
What models are currently available in Maruti Suzuki Subs?
- There are offers on both Arena and Nexa cars. The Arena line-up includes the mid and top variants of Swift, Dzire, Ertiga and Vitara Brezza. Its prices start from Rs 27,144 per month.
- Whereas, the Baleno, Ciaz and XL6 from the Nexa range are available in manual and automatic options. Its prices start from Rs 28,593 per month.