- Hindi News
- South Africa Tour Of India; South Africa VS India 1st T20 Match Record And Moments, Rohit Sharma, Arshdeep Singh, Suryakumar Yadav, Kl Rahul, Deepak Chahar
Thiruvananthapuram5 minutes ago
The second match of the series will be played in Guwahati on October 2.
Team India has welcomed the visiting South Africa with a crushing defeat of 8 wickets. During this low scoring match played in Thiruvananthapuram on Wednesday, many exciting moments were seen and many records were also broken. We are telling you about those exciting moments and records…
Before that the brief description of the match…
On the strength of Team India’s fast bowlers, India dismissed South Africa for 106 runs. Arshdeep Singh took 3 wickets, Deepak Chahar and Harshal Patel took 2 wickets each. While Akshar Patel got a breakthrough. In reply, the hosts won by scoring 110 for two in 16.4 overs.
The African bowlers tried to make a comeback of the team by dismissing captain Rohit Sharma (0) and Virat Kohli (3) early. But half-centuries from Suryakumar Yadav (50 runs) and KL Rahul (51 runs) dashed their intentions. Suryakumar scored runs at a strike rate of 151.
Now exciting moments of India-South Africa match:
- KL Rahul gave India victory by hitting a six on the lines of former captain MS Dhoni. He hit a six off the ball of Tabrez Shamsi in the direction of deep backward square leg.
- A ball before Rahul’s six, Suryakumar Yadav completed his half-century. Earlier, he scored two consecutive fours in Rabada’s over. He also hit two consecutive sixes in the 7th over off Enrique Nortya.
- Kagiso Rabada dismissed Indian captain Rohit Sharma for zero in the second ball of the third over. His outside off stump ball kisses his bat and goes into Dekock’s gloves.
- Arshdeep Singh had run three South African batsmen in the second over. He dismissed De Kock, Riley Russo and Miller.
- After winning the match, Indian captain Rohit Sharma reached among the fans. He also gave autographs to the school fans.
Now let’s look at the records made in the match.
- Team India has taken the fastest 5 wickets. He dismissed the top-5 batsmen of South Africa in just 15 balls. Earlier in 2016, he took 5 wickets in 31 balls for Sri Lanka.
- Team India has won the maximum number of matches this year. In 2022 he has got 22 wins in T20 Internationals. In 2016 he had 15 victories.
- Indian captain Rohit Sharma broke the record of former Indian captain MS Dhoni. Rohit has won 16 T20 Internationals in a year as captain. He left behind Mahendra Singh Dhoni (15).
- Suryakumar Yadav has become the highest run-scorer Indian batsman in a year. He has left Shikhar Dhawan behind. Surya scored 768 runs in 23 matches at a strike rate of 178.19. These include one century and 5 half-centuries. He has scored 67 fours and 46 sixes.
- Fewest runs scored by a team in the powerplay against South Africa.
- Team India has made the fourth lowest score in the powerplay. The lowest run he scored in the powerplay was against New Zealand in 2017.
Also read this news…
India beat South Africa by 8 wickets: Suryakumar Yadav scored 50 runs in 33 balls at a strike rate of 151 to lead the series 1-0
Team India defeated South Africa by 8 wickets in the first match of the three T20 match series. India restricted South Africa’s innings to a score of 106 for eight in 20 overs on the back of a brilliant performance by the fast bowlers. Read full news here…
There is more news…