Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is gaining popularity among students with commerce, arts and humanities backgrounds. BCA course is a perfect launchpad for students who have an attraction for computers and programming languages. The three-year undergraduate program equips students with in-depth knowledge in coding and programming languages such as C, C++, JAVA, HTML, XML, etc. After completing intermediate, students can opt for a BCA course to gain exceptional IT skills. The course paves the way for rewarding jobs in leading Information Technology companies like Oracle, TCS, IBM, Infosys, and Wipro.
Bachelor of Computer Application: Course Overview
Bachelor of Computer Application is a three-year program, divided into six semesters. The program focuses on equipping students with a core understanding of software and hardware. Additionally, the program covers subjects like basic and advanced programming languages, databases, networking, and development. The course opens broad career opportunities for students in computer science and Information Technology.
Reasons to pursue BCA program
- Students will gain a deep understanding of computer and Information Technology.
- Students will gain communication, organizational and management skills.
- Students will learn different programming languages, such as JAVA, C++, SQL, HTML, etc.
- The course brightens the career prospects of BCA graduates in IT and computer skills.
- The program offers excellent career exposure to students in India and abroad.
- Students can pursue an MCA program after achieving the BCA degree.
- Students with a BCA degree earn higher than graduates from other disciplines.
- Students with a BCA degree can appear for civil services examinations.
Demand for BCA graduates in India
At present, India’s IT sector is growing at a magnificent velocity. The country is also a leading sourcing destination worldwide with a 55 per cent market share in 2019-20, the IBEF report suggests. At the same time, the software product industry in India is projected to reach USD 100 billion in the next four years. The IBEF reports also show that the Indian IT sector is focusing on expanding globally. The global pandemic has also contributed significantly to the acceleration of digital adoption. According to data collected by Quess Corp, the demand for Information Technology skills increased by 22.5% between October 2020 and March 2021. The data reveals that the IT industry in India requires a large chunk of IT experts to meet the market demand.
Career opportunities for BCA graduates
- Application Architecture,
- App Developer,
- Database Designer,
- Database Administrator,
- Computer System Analyst
- Banking Consultant,
- Database Architecture,
- Quality Assurance Manager,
- Network Engineer, and
- Software Consultant
What are the eligibility criteria for pursuing a BCA program?
Students with a minimum of 50% marks in matriculation and intermediate (with Mathematics / Computer Science / Information Technology as one of the main subjects) are eligible to study a BCA program. Students are also required to clear the technical interview to secure admission to BCA. If you are interested in pursuing a BCA course, explore colleges in Dehradun as it offers 100 per cent placements in top IT companies in India.