Happy Chaitra Navratri 2021 Vrat Tips: Chaitra Navratri, one of the major festivals of Hindus, is starting on 13 April 2021. During this, along with worshiping all the nine forms of Maa Durga, keeping fast is also very important. Apart from this, keeping fast is beneficial to health, because keeping fast, all the toxins come out of the body. However, diabetic patients need to take special care while fasting, as insulin levels may deteriorate in patients with diabetes during the fast.
We are telling you some special tips, which should be taken special care while keeping fast for diabetic patients.
– Diabetes patients should not eat without eating for a long time. Diabetes patients should eat something in a short period of time. By doing this, the blood sugar level in the body will remain normal.
– While keeping diabetes patients fast, keep checking your blood sugar level after some time throughout the day.
– Diabetes patients should consume only such things during the fast, which have low glycemic index and things that take time to digest.
– If you feel tired during the fast, then avoid overeating tea or coffee. Rather, drink plenty of water and sugar-free drinks like lemonade, coconut water, buttermilk etc. throughout the day.
Diabetes patients should consume these things during the fast. Like- Roasted Makhana, Roasted Peanuts, Paneer, Singhara, Pumpkin Raita, Cucumber Raita. Potatoes should not be consumed.
– Water is very important for the body. Therefore, diabetic patients must drink plenty of water during the fast. By drinking more water, the body remains hydrated and health is also maintained.