The government on Tuesday issued instructions to all Internet service provider companies to immediately ban the banned 59 Chinese mobile apps. Sources said that the government has issued these instructions under the emergency provision of the Information Technology Act. A source in the telecom ministry told PTI that there are two lists of orders. The first list has the name of 35 apps and the second list has the name of 24 apps.
In an order of the Department of Telecommunications, Internet companies have been told that the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has issued instructions to stop 24 apps immediately under Emergency Provision 69A of the Information Technology Act 2000. Instructions for closure were issued earlier in the day today. These lists contain the same names that the government had banned on Monday. These include Tiktok, UC News, UC Browser, Veeva Video, Me Video Call, Bigo Live and WeChat etc.
VIDEO: City Center: India's Digital Surgical Strike on China