The Ministry of External Affairs said on Thursday that India and China are maintaining close dialogue through diplomatic and military channels to ensure full withdrawal of troops at all points of conflict along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh. Foreign Ministry spokesman Anurag Shrivastava said in the weekly press conference that both sides have agreed to hold the next round of military level talks and are in constant contact in this regard.
The spokesman said, “India and China maintain close dialogue through diplomatic and military channels to ensure full withdrawal of troops at all points of conflict along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the western sector” and to restore peace and stability. Has happened.”
Srivastava was answering a question about the current status of talks on the deadlock between the armies of the two countries in eastern Ladakh. There is a situation of deadlock between the Indian Army and the People’s Liberation Army of China in this area for the last eight months. Last month, diplomatic level talks were held between India and China under the framework of the Executive Minister’s Framework for Discussion and Coordination on Border Affairs.
Srivastava said, “As you know the last meeting of the WMCC level was held on 18 December. Both sides had agreed on the next, senior commander level meeting and in this regard they are in constant contact with diplomatic and military channels.
The eighth and previous rounds of military-level talks were held on November 6 in which both sides discussed how to withdraw troops from conflict points. On Tuesday, Army Chief General MM Narwane through negotiations had expressed the hope of finding a solution to the deadlock by consensus. However, the army chief had also said that Indian soldiers should be fully prepared to deal with any situation.
(This news has not been edited by the NewsBust team. It is published directly from the Syndicate feed.)