- Hindi news
- Doctors Playing Life to Save Corona Patients Engulfed in Fire, Lives Saved Without PPE Kit
Fed up with Ads? Install Dainik NewsBust India app for news without ads
Gwalior8 minutes ago
- Copy link
Dr. Neelima Singh (forward) and Dr. Neelima Tandon thought that the PPE kit should not wear out any time, so she went directly to save the lives of patients.
The fire broke out in the Kovid Center of Jairogya, the largest hospital in Gwalior on Saturday afternoon. There were 9 corona patients admitted here. All patients have been saved by the bravery of the hospital’s doctors and staff. As soon as the fire was reported at around 2 pm, two female doctors immediately rushed to the ward. There was no time to wear the PPE kit, so without the kit, I started to rescue. Also called other doctors and staff.
Out of 9 patients, 2 are minor burns in this fire. The fire was brought under control after everyone shifted to another location. A ventilator is burned in this fire.
There was a fire in the ICU on the fourth floor
The ICU located on the fourth floor of the hospital was on fire due to a short circuit. On discovering this, Nilima Tandon, the nodal officer of Super Specialty Hospital and Neelima Singh reached the fourth floor immediately. There was no time to wear PPE kit. For the sake of saving the lives of the patients, both the doctors called the rest of the staff and the doctors and started to save the lives of the patients without wearing the kit themselves. Due to this speed, all the patients were saved.
The health of a junior doctor deteriorated during this rescue operation. He was admitted to the ICU and is now out of danger.
The doctors who saved the patients said – they were just thinking that it should not be late
Doctor Neelima Singh said, ‘We heard the noise and reached the fourth floor. There was smoke everywhere. We alerted everyone and started to get the patients out of the ward first. We were just thinking that it should not be late. The entire focus was only on saving patients. We know only what the circumstances were then.
The news spread like a fire on social media, there was a crowd in the hospital
As news of the fire spread on social media, the family members of the patients and other people started gathering in the hospital. There was also a stampede during the fire. Meanwhile, corona patients were brought from Lashkar Circle in an ambulance, but they were kept in ambulances for about 2 hours.
During the accident, another ambulance Corona reached the hospital with the patients.