Defense Minister Rajnath Singh along with the Chief of Army Staff will review India’s operational preparedness on a three-day visit to Ladakh from Sunday, amid the ongoing standoff with China over the next phase of withdrawal of troops from several conflict spots in eastern Ladakh. Official sources told about this. Singh’s visit with Army Chief General MM Naravane comes two days after India and China held a new round of diplomatic talks to resolve the military standoff that began in May last year. The Defense Minister’s office tweeted, “Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will make a three-day visit to Ladakh from Sunday. During his visit to Ladakh, he will inaugurate some infrastructure projects built by the Border Roads Organization (BRO) and interact with the troops deployed in the region.
First ‘Made-in-India’ aircraft carrier to be inducted into Navy next year: Rajnath Singh
Sources said that the Defense Minister will take stock of the high-altitude base and various military formations in eastern Ladakh as well as boost the morale of the soldiers guarding the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in an unstable environment. Sources said the Defense Minister would be briefed about the overall situation in eastern Ladakh at the Army’s 14th Corps headquarters in Leh. This corps has been entrusted with the task of guarding the LAC in the Ladakh sector. This will be Singh’s first visit to eastern Ladakh after Indian and Chinese armies withdrew troops, tanks and other equipment from the Pangong Lake area in February under an agreement. The process of withdrawing troops from several conflict sites, including Hot Spring, Gogra and Depsang, is in limbo as China is unwilling to withdraw its troops from these areas.
Approval for construction of 6 conventional submarines under ‘Make in India’, 43,000 crore project passed
Sources said the Defense Minister will also visit forward areas to oversee the implementation of some important infrastructure projects. At a digital meeting of the Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on Border Affairs (WMCC) on Friday, India and China agreed to hold the next round of military talks to achieve the goal of withdrawing troops from the remaining standoff points. After the WMCC meeting, the Ministry of External Affairs said that the two sides have agreed to hold the next round of military-level talks soon to achieve the objective of withdrawing their troops from the rest of the conflict areas in eastern Ladakh. According to military officials, at present 50,000 to 60,000 soldiers are deployed in sensitive areas on both sides of the Line of Actual Control.
(This news has not been edited by NewsBust team. It has been published directly from Syndicate feed.)