- This year, a total of 88.78% students achieved success in the 12th examination.
- Digital marksheet will be given to students through DigiLocker
Jul 13, 2020, 05:00 PM IST
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the results of the 12th board on Monday afternoon. This year, a total of 88.78% students have passed the examination. The CBSE examination was conducted this time from 15 February to 30 March. However, it was later postponed and later canceled due to a corona lockdown. This year, a total of 11 lakh 92 thousand 961 students appeared in the examination, out of which 10 lakh 59 thousand 80 have passed.
10 major things of the 12th board examinations deteriorated from Corona
- The CBSE examinations, which began in the midst of the Corona epidemic, were postponed earlier due to worsening conditions and canceled only after court directions.
- After the cancellation of the examinations, CBSE released the result based on the new assessment scheme for evaluation of the remaining papers.
- Three days ago, a fake notification of the result was going viral on social media, after which the result was released without notice today.
- In view of the extraordinary circumstances caused by Corona, the board this time released the result without merit list and toppers list.
- Talking about the result, this year's result was 5.38 percent more than last year. This time 88.78% students passed.
- In the year 2020 also once again, girls were ahead of boys and with this, girls won for the sixth consecutive time.
- Of the 16 regions released by the board, South India dominated the top 3 in the list of percentages.
- This year, 38,686 students scored more than 95 percent and 1,57,934 students scored more than 90 percent.
- Among CBSE-accredited schools, this time Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya stood first with 98.7% and Kendriya Vidyalaya with 98.62%.
- In view of the situation caused by Corona, this time students will be given a digital marksheet, which they will be able to download from DigiLocker.
Girls ahead of 5.96%
Once again the girls outperformed the boys in the examination. In this result, girls were ahead of boys by 5.96%. The pass percentage of girls was 92.15 while that of boys was 86.19%. Apart from this, the pass percentage of the students in CBSE schools abroad was 94.26%. At the same time, the pass percentage of transgenders who appeared in the examination was 66.67%.
70 days late result from last year
Last year the results came on May 2, but this year the corona is coming in July due to the lockdown. The examinations postponed due to Corona were to be conducted between July 1 and 15, but this time the board has not been able to conduct the rest exam due to Corona lockdown. For this reason, the list of merit list and toppers is also not being released.