- Mumbai Police will send summons for questioning of Shekhar Kapur
- Sushant was disturbed by water project stuck in 2013
Jun 30, 2020, 08:11 PM IST
Mumbai. It has been 16 days since the death of Sushant Singh Rajput. Since then, the Mumbai Police has questioned about 30 people. His last film Dil Bechara's actress Sanjana Sanghi was questioned on Tuesday. Meanwhile, news has come that the Mumbai Police is also going to interrogate famous director Shekhar Kapur in this case. For this, summons is being sent to them.
After Sushant's suicide on 14 June, Shekhar had written an emotional post about his pain and said – I know what pain you were going through. I know the story of those people who disappointed you so much that you used to cry with your head on my shoulder. I wish I was around you during the last 6 months. I wish you had reached me. What happened to you is the result of their actions, not yours.
I knew the pain you were going through. I knew the story of the people that let you down so bad that you would weep on my shoulder. I wish Iwas around the last 6 months. I wish you had reached out to me. What happened to you was their Karma. Not yours. #SushantSinghRajput
– Shekhar Kapur (@shekharkapur) June 15, 2020
4 reasons why Shekhar's name is being added to the investigation
1. Yash Raj Films of Aditya Chopra contracted three films along with Sushant Singh Rajput. These films were Byomkesh Bakshi, Shuddh Desi Romance and Shekhar Kapoor's Pani. The real problem began after Shekhar Kapoor's film.
2. Yash Raj has submitted a copy of his old contract with the late Sushant Singh Rajput to the police. The copy mentions three Yash Raj films with Sushant, two of which had become pure desi romance and Byomkesh Bakshi. The third film was Pani, which went into cold storage.
3. Shekhar Kapoor was first to make Pani for Hollywood, but later it was decided to make it for India, but the budget of the film increased too much so Yash Raj pulled out. It is said that from here, the relationship between Sushant and Yash Raj Films grew and now the police can investigate the same angle.
4. Industry sources say that Sushant had left many films for the film Pani, but when no water was made, Sushant started doing other banner films. He also had a contract with Sanjay Leela Bhansali for Gol Raslila – Ram-Leela and Bajirao Mastani.