- Hindi news
- Black Fungus Spreading in Corona Patients; ICMR Issued Advisory Regarding Testing And Treatment
Troubled with Ads? Install Dainik NewsBust India app for news without ads
The fungal infection starts from the nose, then reaches the eyes and then goes to the brain, but there is nothing to panic. If symptoms are recognized at the right time, then treatment is also possible. (File photo)
Many new diseases are coming out with new mutants of Corona. Recently a disease named ‘Mucor mycosis’ is in the news. Actually, it is a kind of ‘fungus’ or ‘fungus’. It attacks those who are taking medicines due to a health problem and these medicines have reduced their immunity or body immunity. This fungal infection starts from the nose, then reaches the eyes and then goes to the brain, but there is nothing to panic. If symptoms are identified at the right time, then its treatment is also possible.
CMR issued advisory
The ICMR has issued an advisory regarding testing and treatment of mucor mycosis. In this, he has talked about its symptoms, prevention and remedy. If someone complains of pain in the eyes and nose or the area around it has become red. Apart from this, problems like fever, headache, cough and difficulty in breathing are also being faced. At the same time, blood vomiting is starting to be a problem, then it may be due to mucor mycosis. In the advisory, it has been said that when going to the dusty place, first wear a mask. Wear clothes and shoes that cover the body completely.
infection Caused by the fungus named ‘Mooker’
- According to Dr. VK Paul, Member (Health), NITI Aayog, this infection is caused by a fungus named ‘Mooker’ and hence we call it ‘Mooker Mycosis’. Dr. Paul explains, “It is found to a large extent in patients with diabetes, if you do not have diabetes, there is very little chance that you will have to face it.” It has not been seen that there is any big outbreak happening. We are watching it. It is a curative disease. “
- He further stated that if a diabetes patient is taking immune suppressive (suppressing immunity) drugs, steroids, or has cancer, then the effect of mucor mycosis is greater on that person. Actually, medicines like Dexamethasone, Prednisolone, Methylpredisolone, Dexona are taken for the treatment of Kovid-19 disease. These drugs suppress our immune system. When a covid-infected patient is put on oxygen support, it has a humidifier, which contains water, which increases the likelihood of a fungal infection.
- Dr. VK Paul says of its rescue, “Those who have a disease of sugar have to keep it under control. We have told the administration about steroids not to give it to the patient at the beginning of Kovid-19. Steroids should not be given unnecessarily. It should be given after the sixth day and give it to the patient only for a specified period. “
What are the symptoms?
- Sinus problems, nasal congestion.
- Sudden breakage of teeth, half-face numbness.
- Dark colored water coming out of the nose or bleeding.
- Eye swelling, blurring.
- Chest pain, pleural effusion.
- Having trouble breathing.
- After recovering from Kovid, keep checking your blood sugar level and keep it under control.
- Use steroids only after doctor’s advice.
- Consult a doctor on how to use antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- If taking oxygen, use only clean water in a humidifier.
- Keep hyperglycemia under control.
- Discontinue immunity booster medicines.
- Do not take it if antifungal prophylaxis is not needed.
- To treat it, keep your body hydrated, do not let the lack of water.
There are more news …