34-Year-Old Man Dies From Coronavirus Weeks After Visiting Disney World

Still don’t think the coronavirus pandemic is serious? The family of Jeffrey Ghazarian (above) would probably disagree with you, as the 34-year-old man has tragically died just two days after testing positive for COVID-19.

According to TMZ, the Glendora, CA resident passed away Thursday morning at a Pasadena hospital after spending five days battling for his life while hooked up to a ventilator.

His sister told the outlet:

“He suffered a lot and put up a good fight. We will miss our Jeff everyday but we are thankful for all the fun happy memories of the times we had together.”

Jeff’s alarming death comes two weeks after he visited Walt Disney World and Universal Studios in Florida. According to his family, he flew from El Lay to Orlando on March 2 for a work conference, but stayed an extra few days to visit the theme parks with friends.

Related: Disney World Hosts MASSIVE Goodbye Event Before Shutting Down

The outlet reports that Jeff developed a cough on March 7, and coughed up blood the next day. He immediately went to the ER after flying back to LAX on March 9, where he also had a high fever.

A chest x-ray confirmed Jeff had pneumonia, the family says. He was tested for COVID-19, sent home with fluids and antibiotics, and told to self-quarantine until he got the results back. When the results reportedly came back positive on March 13, Jeff was provided a portable oxygen meter so family members could keep watch on his levels. But unfortunately, his condition got much worse overnight.

On March 14, Jeff was rushed to the hospital by ambulance; he was transferred to the ICU after it was discovered his lungs were 60-70 percent blocked with pneumonia. Doctors believed sedating and incubating the patient would be the best course of action, hoping that a ventilator would help his lungs heal.

Related: Evangeline Lilly Refuses To Self-Quarantine From Coronavirus

Unfortunately, antiviral medication was delayed in getting to him — even though the family claims he was approved for the meds — and Jeff passed away Thursday morning.

Turns out, he was a higher-risk patient: Jeff apparently had a history of asthma and frequent bronchitis as a child that he had since outgrown. He also had undergone surgery for testicular cancer back in 2016.

Still, it’s clear the elderly aren’t the only ones at risk here. Stay safe out there, Perezcious readers.

[Image via Facebook]

Leave a Comment