The day of February 3 has also been witness to tragic incidents. On February 14, 1954, 500 people died in a stampede during the Prayag Kumbh in Prayagraj (then Allahabad). This untoward incident that took place on this sacred festival of faith, which draws crores of people to the Sangam, left tears in thousands of eyes forever. After this, extensive changes were made in the arrangements and fair format during the Kumbh Mela, similarly, in the year 2006, it was only on February 3, when more than a thousand people died due to a passenger boat sinking in the Red Sea in Egypt. Many people had lost their lives.
read this also
A series of other important events recorded on the date of February 3 in the history of the country and the world are as follows-
- 1925: The first electric train ran between Bombay and Kurla.
- 1954: During the ongoing Prayag Kumbh in Allahabad, 500 people died due to stampede.
- 1959: Three members of Rock ‘n’ Roll died in a plane crash in America. Among them was the famous 22 year old singer Buddy Holly.
- 1969: Kanjivaram Natarajan Annadurai Senior Tamil Nadu leader CN Annadurai passed away.
- 1971: America’s spacecraft Apollo-14 landed on the surface of the moon during the third successful manned campaign on the moon.
- 1986: The Pope met Mother Teresa in Calcutta and visited her ashram ‘Nirmal Hriday’ built for the service of the poor.
- 1988: INS Chakra, the first nuclear-powered submarine, was inducted into the Indian Navy.
- 2006: An Egyptian passenger boat sank in the Red Sea due to bad weather. More than 1,000 people died in this accident.
- 2018: India won the title for a record fourth time in the Under-19 Cricket World Cup held in New Zealand.
(This news has not been edited by NewsBust team. It is published directly from syndicate feed.)
Featured Video Of The Day
The car dragged the bike for four kilometers after hitting it